You love your vehicle. Because of that, you want to keep it in great condition for as long as possible. This can be daunting—time, the elements, general wear and tear and more can all reduce the life of your vehicle, even if you’re careful.
Fortunately, there are ways to keep your vehicle in great shape for years to come simply by altering some of your driving and automotive care habits! The staff at your Illinois Nissan dealership is happy to provide the following tips and tricks that may help extend the life of your vehicle.
· Keep your vehicle clean and tidy. Stains, dirt, grime and other issues can make the interior as well as the exterior of your vehicle look less than stellar. Clean up messes before they become permanent, and treat your vehicle to a gentle wash and wax every now and then.
· Protect the paint. Even if you wash and wax your vehicle’s exterior, various factors can still keep the paint from looking like new. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, because the UV rays can damage the paint, and be sure you touch up any nicks before rust can form.
· Get regular checkups. Your engine is a delicate thing. It needs to be taken care of properly. Not only should you practice good auto maintenance habits—regular oil changes and more—but you should also have your engine inspected periodically to ensure that everything is running smoothly. Experienced service technicians can catch problems before they worsen.
· Drive carefully and cautiously. Your driving habits can affect the life span of your vehicle. Aggressive driving habits put undue stress and wear and tear on your vehicle. Drive smoothly and slowly for best results.
· Practice tire care. Taking good care of your tires will ensure that they last you a long time. Be sure to keep the proper level of air pressure in them, and rotate them to prevent uneven wear.
Taking great care of your vehicle and driving it carefully can keep it in great condition for years. The better you care for your car, the better it will serve you in the long run!
Still looking for tips on keeping your vehicle in good shape? The staff at your local Illinois Nissan dealer, AutoCenters Nissan, is happy to help. Stop by our Wood River location today!